Different Methods of Cleaning Produce
1. Spray first with white distilled vinegar and then with hydrogen peroxide (Do Not Mix vinegar and hydrogen peroxide in the same bottle). Let sit for 20 minutes and then rinse gently with warm water.
2. Place produce in strainer. Wet produce and then sprinkle with baking soda. Let sit for
a minute and rinse clean.
3. Combine 2 T lemon juice, 2 T baking soda and 1 c distilled water into a spray bottle.
Spray produce and let sit for a minute and rinse clean.
4. For a produce soak add ¼ c white distilled vinegar to large bowl or sink of cold water.
Let produce soak for 20 minutes, lettuce sit for 5 minutes, berries for 1 minute. Rinse
5. Be sure to thoroughly dry produce before placing in the refridgerator.